• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Famous birder journals (1 Viewer)

BobinKy

I was playing over at Amazon.com today and started a wish list of published journals written by famous birders. I realize I have not even scratched the surface--Where is Audubon? Nevertheless, here is what I have so far.

Dunne, Peter (1999). The Feather Quest: A North American Birder's Year. Maniner Books. ISBN 0395927900. The Feather Quest.

Kaufman, Kenn (2006). Kingbird Highway: The Biggest Year in the Life of an Extreme Birder. Houghton Mifflin. ISBN 0618709401. Kingbird Highway.

Peterson, Roger Tory, & Fisher, James (1997). Wild America: The Record of a 30,000 Mile Journey Around the Continent by a Distinguished Naturalist and His British Colleague. Mariner Books. ISBN 0395864976. Wild America.
Are there suggestions of famous birder journals to add to my wish list?

--Bob
Kentucky, USA

Last edited:
The Big Year, by Mark Obmascik. It tells of three birders who do a big year in 1998. Great read.

Return to Wild America, by Scott Weidensaul. The author retraces Peterson and Fisher's trip from Wild America. It's great to read this one after you read Wild America so you can see what has and hasn't changed.

Those three that you mention are all great.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back