• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Fieldscope Quandry (1 Viewer)

TaTa, Horukuru just writes like that sometimes. He is a good guy that shares a lot of excellent information on optics/tripods etc. Really kind of mean to call him a dork, dork

Does anyone have feedback on the Velbon El Carmagne 540 Tripod? It is a lower priced carbon fiber tripod and will come with a Velbon 3 way pan.

I've not used it but I have a favorable opinion of similarly designed Velbon tripods. In comparison to the Manfrotto set-up I suggested, the Velbon is a bit heavier and has more leg sections (so is a bit more of a pain to set up), but is probably fairly equivalent overall. I'd not use the pan-tilt 3-way head that it comes with though--I'd get a proper but lightweight panning "fluid" head, such as the Manfrotto 700RC2 to put on the Velbon legs.

--AP

I've not used it but I have a favorable opinion of similarly designed Velbon tripods. In comparison to the Manfrotto set-up I suggested, the Velbon is a bit heavier and has more leg sections (so is a bit more of a pain to set up), but is probably fairly equivalent overall. I'd not use the pan-tilt 3-way head that it comes with though--I'd get a proper but lightweight panning "fluid" head, such as the Manfrotto 700RC2 to put on the Velbon legs.

--AP

Thanks for the information. Tryng to decide on a tripod to buy is enough to drive a person crazy. I had no idea that there were so many choices and combinations.
Thanks again!

Though I sent Robert (Tatasta) a PM regarding his unfortunate comment, I wanted to stay out of this on this thread. But... now there seems to be a disconnect between his last posts and the the recent ones preceding, with no apology between them. I'm not inclined to play in his sandbox now.

Horu, don't let any of this mean a thing to you, please.

It is funny (well, not really) that a guy that tends to "shoot first and ask later", and also tries to get back at people by thretening to shoot creatures they like is actually allowed to own guns!

Glad I'm living in Sweden :)

It's OK

I wouldn't want to start a war either.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, looks like I'm a little to trigger-happy myself!

Though I sent Robert (Tatasta) a PM regarding his unfortunate comment, I wanted to stay out of this on this thread. But... now there seems to be a disconnect between his last posts and the the recent ones preceding, with no apology between them. I'm not inclined to play in his sandbox now.

Horu, don't let any of this mean a thing to you, please.

:king: hahahah no offend at all Tatasta :smoke:

By the way, how's the things about tripod ?

tatasta don't leave the Forum embrace it. You won't find a friendlier bunch of people with so much free knowledge (worldwide) and all so willing to share it with you anywhere else..so come on keep asking your questions

Thanks to All

First of all, I want to apologize to everyone, especially Horu, for all the childish actions. I see that judging too quickly and letting emotions drive actions rather than reaching out to understand causes unfortunate situations.

Second, thanks to everyone for all of the support you provided to Horu. It was very appropriate and sincere.

Thanks
-Robert

You're welcome!

Again, I'm sorry for posting my unnecessary comment. (Seems to be no way for me to edit it now.)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back