• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flycatcher - Ecuadorian Amazon (1 Viewer)

payaminotom

United Kingdom
Hi all. This was a tricky one. I know it's a flycatcher, but i honestly don't know where to go from there. Having trouble with file size, so for now theres this screenshot of the video down below. you can tell a lot more from the video so will post on the comments if i can.Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 18.07.49.png

Last edited:
A bit difficult given conditions but get feeling of olive-sided flycatcher here. The olive sides aren't clear but I think that's the lighting.

Thanks for your reply @THE_FERN

My initial guess for this bird was Eastern Wood-Pewee. Do you think that is incorrect and if so why is olive sided a better suggestion in your opinion? Thanks again i really appreciate the advice.

Thanks for your reply @THE_FERN

My initial guess for this bird was Eastern Wood-Pewee. Do you think that is incorrect and if so why is olive sided a better suggestion in your opinion? Thanks again i really appreciate the advice.
No you're right it's a wood-pewee. The tail is too long for olive-sided. Eastern a good choice given the pale vent area

Users who are viewing this thread

Back