• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flycatcher from the gallery and Peru: bran-colored or rufescent? (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
at the time of upload there was no doubt, this was Bran-colored. However, with recent split, I am trying to figure out what it is: Bran-colored of whatever subspecies, or Rufescent Flycatcher? It seems to be on the wrong side of the Andes, but the field guide states something about Austral migrants which means I am not sure the division by geography is strict.

thanks
Niels

I may have solved it. Birds of the world states that Rufescent is considered a non-migratory species and there might be too much streaks on the breast of this bird to be that one. I would still like confirmation of someone who know more.
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back