• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flying Steamer Duck and Falkland Steamer Duck (1 Viewer)

Xelioszzapporro!

Pineal Gland
New Zealand
Hey guys. I bought a book about ducks identification. And I can't detect or find any difference between the Flying Steamer Duck (Tachyeres Patachonicus) and the Falkalnd Steamer Duck (Tachyeres Brachypterus)

The most notable difference between the male and female is that the male has more yellow-orange bill.

But what is the difference between the male Tachyeres Patachonicus and the male Tachyeres Brachypterus ??
And the the same goes for the female.

Like , how can I spot the difference and identify which species it is. Those are ducks that inhabit the southern tip of South America by the way.
If anybody knows. Please lemme know. It would be very helpful to solve this.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back