• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Geese central Scotland (1 Viewer)

Dawsy

I saw these geese this morning in central Scotland. They struck me as longer-necked than the typical pink-footed geese which are typical in the area. I wondered if they might be bean geese and took a few quick pictures in terrible light. I've looked at the pictures too much and can convince myself they show anything... This was not in the area where the flock of taiga bean geese overwinter every year; that's maybe 20 miles away and different habitat (this was in a field near the estuary).

Michael

Attachments

• Geese 4.jpg
    Geese 4.jpg
    710.7 KB · Views: 45
  • Geese 3.jpg
    Geese 3.jpg
    359 KB · Views: 45
  • geese 2.jpg
    geese 2.jpg
    769.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Geese 1.jpg
    Geese 1.jpg
    525.6 KB · Views: 46
I agree with Alexander. These are Pink-footed Geese. The Taiga Bean Geese in Central Scotland are very faithful to the Slammanan plateau and rarely seen elsewhere.

Thanks all. I think I just got thrown by some odd postures making them look long-necked (before the photos were taken). Once you've seen something one way it's hard to see what's really there.
Michael

Users who are viewing this thread

Back