• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grasshopper in Lot Department, France (1 Viewer)

kolibri2

Saw this grasshopper 05-07-2015 in Lot Department, France. Can anyone help with the ID please?

Attachments

• K640_IMG_0791.JPG
    K640_IMG_0791.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 21
My best guess would be Calliptamus italicus but it's hard to tell with the angle and you have resized the photo is a very small size.

It may well have been mentioned here before but there is a great new book out

Although if you are French speaking, this book is also good

My best guess would be Calliptamus italicus but it's hard to tell with the angle and you have resized the photo is a very small size.

It may well have been mentioned here before but there is a great new book out

Although if you are French speaking, this book is also good

The first book you mention also exists in French, it's the one I've been using since 2017 and it's indeed a very good book and the French edition contains CD's with the songs of each species.

The first book you mention also exists in French, it's the one I've been using since 2017 and it's indeed a very good book and the French edition contains CD's with the songs of each species.
The English edition also has the CD. The second book also has a CD, although I appear to have lost it. It matter less to me than it did as I'm getting to the age where I'm struggling to hear a lot of crickets.

The English edition also has the CD. The second book also has a CD, although I appear to have lost it. It matter less to me than it did as I'm getting to the age where I'm struggling to hear a lot of crickets.
I find using a bat detector (I use a Magenta 5) together with a recording device (I just use my mobile) and then a little work gets me the sonagrams which I then use against the sonagrams in the book(s).
I can hear some crickets (Wood and Southern Field for example) and the gorse-like clicking of Large Marsh Grasshopper but after that I hear nothing!

I find using a bat detector (I use a Magenta 5) together with a recording device (I just use my mobile) and then a little work gets me the sonagrams which I then use against the sonagrams in the book(s).
I can hear some crickets (Wood and Southern Field for example) and the gorse-like clicking of Large Marsh Grasshopper but after that I hear nothing!
Sadly I left the batteries in my bat detector for too long! It didn't recover.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back