• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greeting from Java Island! (1 Viewer)

roch

Supporter
Indonesia
Hi Birders!
Called me roch, just like in rock.

Now I'm living ini Java island, Indonesia. It was a scuba diving trip to West Papua that lead me to birding, yes the bird of paradise . As I have passion in photography including underwater, my first response to birding was getting a Nikon P900 for still and FZ2500 for video. Then I learned it fast, and get D7200, D7500 and D750 with mainly Nikon 200-500mm + TC1.5. I'm giving up the P900 to local birding community for documenting the bird in their area of conservation. But then I think bird video is also good, now I'm also running Sony A7s III with 200-600 + TC 2.0 lens.

It's an outstanding rig until I realized I need more reach in some cases e.g. shore bird. So ... I'm adding my journey with optics and digiscoping :D ... my sandbox is a Vanguard Endeavour 65 and Nikon Pro-staff 3s ... now I know their limits and they giving me some learning and baseline. Time to go alpha ... but then I could not resist the portability of Nikon Fieldscope 50ED + EP 27x wide. So, it's in my inventory now. Still, I'm looking for best time for a TSN-99a (looks we have a good price at SG's Prominar office) or an ATS scope (some discount available at OpticTrade). Recently, I also upgrading the bin to Kowa BD II, but I don't think that would be satisfactory enough.

I mostly do birding in all Indonesia (West, Wallace's and East), Thailand (mostly for migratory raptors and their nice National Parks), Malaysia. Once birding in East Africa and plan for Latam next year.

I found this forum fast tracking my learning in birding. So thank you all!

Attachments

• sumba.jpg
    sumba.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Hi, Roch. Welcome ot the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Very nice photo! We have quite an active gallery that members can post up to 3 photos in a 24 hour period. Maybe you will post some of your photos there.

Hi roch and a warm welcome from me too.

Oh my goodness, what is that beautiful bird you've shown us Roch!!! Have you found our Gallery yet - he would be most welcome in there too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi roch and a warm welcome from me too.

Oh my goodness, what is that beautiful bird you've shown us Roch!!! Have you found our Gallery yet - he would be most welcome in there too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
Thank you Delia. I'm bit confused where to start for the Gallery. But I just read the rules now and uploaded one photo there. Cheers!

Thank you Delia. I'm bit confused where to start for the Gallery. But I just read the rules now and uploaded one photo there. Cheers!
Thanks very much Roch - I'm glad you managed to find your way into the Gallery and get a picture uploaded.

Have a great time exploring our site! If you need any help navigating please don't be afraid to ask.

Hi Birders!
Called me roch, just like in rock.

Now I'm living ini Java island, Indonesia. It was a scuba diving trip to West Papua that lead me to birding, yes the bird of paradise . As I have passion in photography including underwater, my first response to birding was getting a Nikon P900 for still and FZ2500 for video. Then I learned it fast, and get D7200, D7500 and D750 with mainly Nikon 200-500mm + TC1.5. I'm giving up the P900 to local birding community for documenting the bird in their area of conservation. But then I think bird video is also good, now I'm also running Sony A7s III with 200-600 + TC 2.0 lens.

It's an outstanding rig until I realized I need more reach in some cases e.g. shore bird. So ... I'm adding my journey with optics and digiscoping :D ... my sandbox is a Vanguard Endeavour 65 and Nikon Pro-staff 3s ... now I know their limits and they giving me some learning and baseline. Time to go alpha ... but then I could not resist the portability of Nikon Fieldscope 50ED + EP 27x wide. So, it's in my inventory now. Still, I'm looking for best time for a TSN-99a (looks we have a good price at SG's Prominar office) or an ATS scope (some discount available at OpticTrade). Recently, I also upgrading the bin to Kowa BD II, but I don't think that would be satisfactory enough.

I mostly do birding in all Indonesia (West, Wallace's and East), Thailand (mostly for migratory raptors and their nice National Parks), Malaysia. Once birding in East Africa and plan for Latam next year.

I found this forum fast tracking my learning in birding. So thank you all!
Hello, welcome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back