• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from San Luis Obispo, California (2 Viewers)

CarrieSLO

United States
Hello,

I'm Carrie, and I currently live on the Central Coast of California (my hometown). I've been birding for over 20 years, but have gotten serious about it in the last 5 years. I absolutely love being out in the field and I love birding by ear, observing bird behavior, and hiking while birding. While I'm not a hard core twitcher, I do like to get out to find the rarities, but I also love the comfort of going to my beloved local patches to "see what I can see."

I just returned from 10 days in Cauca Valley in Colombia, and I'm planning some other trips in the next year (Texas hill country for the eclipse in April and winter birding in Japan.) I have a very long list of places that I want to go and things I want to see and can't wait to retire (at least 10 to 15 years away from that, sadly) to spend more time out and about.

I joined today to read the postings about the Kaestner / Mann controversy.

Happy birding!
Carrie

Hi Carrie and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi, Carrie and welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. If you go to the Hill Country for the eclipse make sure you look for the Black-capped Vireo, one of the few places you can see them in the states.

If you are not already a member of the local birding club or Audubon chapter I strongly suggest doing so. The Morro Bay area is a favorite of ours for birding and for marine life, including the elephant seals.

If you are not already a member of the local birding club or Audubon chapter I strongly suggest doing so. The Morro Bay area is a favorite of ours for birding and for marine life, including the elephant seals.
Yes, I'm active with Morro Coast Audubon. It's a great chapter, as is the Morro Bay Birding Festival org. I agree, the Central Coast is a wonderful place to bird and see marine mammals. And I'm assuming you're from Elkhorn Slough area... another favorite place to bird in CA! Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back