• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Guatemala - Best current guide book? (1 Viewer)

I'm confused. Perhaps when you said 'Peterson's' you meant 'Princeton'.
Anyway, the book I linked to is the best book.

Ah, I see you've now edited your original post to include a link.
I'd never heard of that book before - but, having now looked at some sample pages here . . .
. . . I'm not sorry that I hadn't. I'm sure Vallely & Dyer will be hugely better.

I'd never heard of that book before - but, having now looked at some sample pages here . . .
. . . I'm not sorry that I hadn't. I'm sure Vallely & Dyer will be hugely better.
Thk👍

I have used the Peterson FG and liked it. My use was in Yucatan where it would be missing a couple of species, but it had what i needed.
I would prefer this relative to the all CA book simply because you have fewer confusing birds shows that are irrelevant due to range.
Niels

I have used the Peterson FG and liked it. My use was in Yucatan where it would be missing a couple of species, but it had what i needed.
I would prefer this relative to the all CA book simply because you have fewer confusing birds shows that are irrelevant due to range.
Niels
Thanks. I ordered both recommended book because… because I love books :p

It’s actually an excellent book and much more compact / portable than Vallely and Dyer. While V&D is ultimately a better resource, and is a world class guide, for carrying in the field I would take the Fagan & Komar guide.

It’s actually an excellent book and much more compact / portable than Vallely and Dyer. While V&D is ultimately a better resource, and is a world class guide, for carrying in the field I would take the Fagan & Komar guide.
I ended up buying both and I think you are spot on. I'll try to get a pic of them side-by-side in a bit.

I consider him one of the best. This guide can offer useful information about the various regions of Guatemala, including the northern and western highlands, that are of particular interest to you. I somehow used the writing service and the editors mentioned it there, I used https://edubirdie.com/ for this. In it you can find descriptions of attractions, travel tips, maps and other useful information to help you plan and enjoy your trip to Guatemala.
hmmm thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back