• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Aftermarket Lens Covers for 32mm EL SV?? (1 Viewer)

Owlbarred

United States
Have now lost 3 (expensive) SV lens caps. The aftermarket type shown below fits over (around) the armored barrels, unlike the Swaros -- anyone know if these will fit?? Any better aftermarket alternatives? The SV armor (and thus barrel diameter) is slightly narrower than the original EL. Thanks.
Opticron Flip-down lens covers 44-46mm

Last edited:
I don't know if that particular item will fit a FP 32 but Opticron makes those objective covers in many different incremental sizes so if you measure your barrels you can pick a size. For some bins, the sizes of the covers are close enough that two different covers may work depending on whether you want a tight or loose fit.

Mike

Thanks very much. The 32 SV's barrels (outside diameter) measured approximately 43.5 mm. Ended up buying these even cheaper pair of flip-down caps on Amazon. $11 for a pair -- likely low quality but worth a try at that price.
Flip-down lens caps

Thanks very much. The 32 SV's barrels (outside diameter) measured approximately 43.5 mm. Ended up buying these even cheaper pair of flip-down caps on Amazon. $11 for a pair -- likely low quality but worth a try at that price.
Flip-down lens caps

Nice find and good prices, thanks. I need some work a day objective covers for a few of my bins and will probably grab several of these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back