• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gull Dungeness 13/01/2023 (1 Viewer)

Original PaulE

United Kingdom
Hi all, going through my pics from yesterday's trip to Dungeness and have spotted this gull, is it just light reflecting on the wing tip, though the tail looks white as well or have I missed a White Winger, the bird as a whole seems to look quite pale (didn't notice it at the time). In my defence was concentrating on the Diver and the FOV through my camera is poor!!

559A1006.JPG

FWIW - in the full photo it looks (to me) like the bird is flying away from the camera, but if you zoom in (see attached edit) the bird is definitely flying at the camera.

Don't know whether this makes any difference or not in helping to identify the bird - but thought I'd mention it anyway.

559A1006-edit.jpg

FWIW - in the full photo it looks (to me) like the bird is flying away from the camera, but if you zoom in (see attached edit) the bird is definitely flying at the camera.

Don't know whether this makes any difference or not in helping to identify the bird - but thought I'd mention it anyway.

View attachment 1553986
Yes I'd assumes the burd was flying towards the camera assumed the white bit at the back was the tail, would of thought there would be black in the wing if it was a BHG, I was thinking the white wing tips would be light reflecting on them, I've been fooled before with Velvet Scoters !!! I Think it is unidentifiable!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back