• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello all! (1 Viewer)

bcurrie

Well, I just found this forum. I am a U.S. birder and take similar pictures. I live in Utah. I just got back into photography earlier this year with a digital camera. I came to this site wanting to see photos, registered, but anytime I try to click on a photo it states that I still need to register. Maybe I need to give the server a little more time, but it is letting me do this. As soon as it lets me, I will post some photos.

Brian

Let me be the first to welcome you into what is an extremely friendly forum. I do hope you will be able to post some pix soon, and perhaps tell us about birding in your part of America.

It's a bit different where I live - right in the middle of Westminster, central London!

Best wishes

Hi Brian,

Welcome to BirdForum. The state of Utah is a scenic wonderland so I hope you "hang in there" till you get to where you can post your photos. I want to see them! We're glad you're here.

Best Regards,
Marysan

Hi Brian,

Welcome to Birdforum :t:

I think that you will find everyone on here pretty friendly. We have members from around the World and several from the USA, so hopefully there will be plenty of postings to pique your interest.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the site. As far as I'm aware there shouldn't be any trouble with using the Gallery as it is part of the site. If the problems persists let me know or send a message to Green Fields who is the site guru on all things computing and we will attempt to resolve the matter.

I take it that you can otherwise view the site and read/post in the forums without problems ?

I see that you are from Utah - is that North or South ? I hope that you don't mind my asking, it's just that I have a friend lives in St.George down south, though he frequents Salt Lake and Logan too.

I look forward to reading your posts and especially viewing your photos

:bounce:

Thanks everybody for the welcome.

First, haven't had time to look into posting photos yet, but I will hopefully this weekend.

Ian, though I have not been everywhere in the site yet, the only problem I have encountered is looking at photos in the Gallery. It still reads that I have to register. I have actually tried registering again, but of course it reads that I already am registered. Is this sufficient notice, or should I still e-mail Green Fields? Of course, I haven't tried posting photos yet, and hopefully will not have problems when I do. I have not had time to properly explore this site, so maybe it is something I am doing. I live in north central Utah, about 30 minutes north of Salt Lake City. No problems with your asking.

Wingwatcher, you have some great birds in CT. I don't have any Magpie photos. Now that I think of it I don't know why not. They are so plentiful here, and truthfully quite annoying (being related to Jays doesn't help) that I guess I take them for granted. But they are quite beautiful. I will see about finding one and taking a picture just for you. Give me a few weeks.

Ian,

Was just looking at my user options. I do have the "yes" checked for browsing boards with cookies, but still frequently have to log in (over and over). However, this still does not help with the Galleries. There is a run-time error that I have attempted to debug, apparently without success because it comes up almost each time I open a new window. Also, I was looking to see the preferred way of posting photos. I see links provided, which work but are not my personal preference (I have only a dial-up and so the fewer windows I have to open the better). What is the prescirbed manner of actually posting photos here? Sorry for taking your time here, but since I started asking questions in the previous message I knew you would get around to reading this thread again. Can you steer me to a thread which discusses this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi bcurrie, I had a similar experience when I joined recently. No problem really, just make sure that you are logged on. Sometimes the site doesn't automatically log you on, most times it does but not initially. You cant see the log in box unless you scroll down after the page has loaded.

bcurrie said:
Ian,

Was just looking at my user options. I do have the "yes" checked for browsing boards with cookies, but still frequently have to log in (over and over). However, this still does not help with the Galleries. There is a run-time error that I have attempted to debug, apparently without success because it comes up almost each time I open a new window. Also, I was looking to see the preferred way of posting photos. I see links provided, which work but are not my personal preference (I have only a dial-up and so the fewer windows I have to open the better). What is the prescirbed manner of actually posting photos here? Sorry for taking your time here, but since I started asking questions in the previous message I knew you would get around to reading this thread again. Can you steer me to a thread which discusses this.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, I'll do what I can to help but I'm not exactly a computer genius myself. I have emailed Green Fields, hoping that he may be able to assist with this one - he is the site expert and is very accomplished.

As regards photo posting, there are several different options.
You can go to any forum and selct the red 'new thread' button. You then have the option of adding a photo to that thread. You can use the 'img' button to insert a hyperlink to a photo hosted on another website, which is particularly useful if you use a photo host site or the image has a large file size.
For images under 100 kb, you can attach them from your hard drive straight ontp the site by using the 'attach file' link.
The Quickpix gallery works by these methods too.

The alternative location to post photos is in the Gallery itself, where you can attach any number of files using hte 'upload photos' link. Every member is given 2 mb of webspace and so can upload as many photos as they like up to their limit. Obviously if you use smaller file sizes then you can upload a larger number of photos.

I hope this advice is of some help. I don't mind replying here, but the Q&A forum on the Forums page is probably a better location for queries as it is in an eyecatching position and may attract more members to reply. I take it you have had a read of the FAQ pages, which I don't think help your position.

I'd give Mike's advice a try too, in respect of the log-on box. It may be worth clicking the logout button and then logging on again.

Hi Brian.. I remember you from my husband Lee's Pro 90 site... great to see you here too!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back