• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Steve Mowbray W (1 Viewer)

Hi, joined BirdForum because a few days ago I saw a Red Kite at South Elkington near Louth, on the edge of the Wolds. It definitely wasn't a Buzzard. I've spotted them before in other parts of the UK but never knew they were around here in N Lincolnshire. Thought somebody in the forum would be able to confirm my sighting.

Hi, joined BirdForum because a few days ago I saw a Red Kite at South Elkington near Louth, on the edge of the Wolds. It definitely wasn't a Buzzard. I've spotted them before in other parts of the UK but never knew they were around here in N Lincolnshire. Thought somebody in the forum would be able to confirm my sighting.

Welcome Steve. I can't confirm your sighting, but they're certainly seen around the Wolds. A forked tail is the easiest identifier.

Hi Steve and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I'm only a casual spotter but in the last few weeks have seen a few interesting things apart from the Kite : a Kingfisher flying up Louth canal at Alvingham, Egret in a field nearby. Most spectacular were several massive groups of high flying geese, all flying south east(ish) on the same day. Must try to take photos in future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back