• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello World! (1 Viewer)

Mendobirder

United States
Greetings from soggy Mendocino County on the coast of northern California. I live at the edge of the redwood forest about a mile from the Pacific Ocean shoreline. That puts me in the flight path for a lot of birds, so it's a great place to be a birder. We just did our two Christmas Bird Counts and the one I run tallied 143 species of wild birds, about average for us.
My wife has itchy feet so occasionally we travel to Europe and I always enjoy birding there as well. Currently we are looking forward to a trip to Iceland in May or June.
I am president of the Mendocino Coast Audubon Society, and I co-host a radio program called The Ecology Hour once a month where we interview scientists about their research into the natural world.
I also co-host a radio show presenting two hours of "Celtic" music (mostly Irish and Scottish, some Welsh, English, Breton and Asturian as well) on Sunday mornings.

Hi, welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. Looking forward to hearing about the birds you see while out and about.

Hi Mendobirder and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back