• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with printing,please (1 Viewer)

I think Photoshop was designed by a committee and everyone went beyond their original remit and added extra features thus you can do lots of things in several different ways!

Whichever way you use first will probably be your favourite way even though the 'official' way may be easier!

I read 'conventional' photographic magazines (such as Amateur Photographer, Practical Photography) as opposed to digital photo magazines and over the years I've picked up useful Photoshop tips that are relevant to photography as opposed to...err...'manipulation' if you know what I mean.

Because they only covered one or two techniques in each article it was fairly easy to take them all on board.

I've no problem getting a photo ready to print because it mainly involves the basic functions of cropping, re-sizing, levels, sharpening and the occasional colour adjustments - but beyond that Photoshop is a complicated, mysterious beast to me, too.

I suppose all the features are there if you need them, but if you don't then there's no real incentive to learn them - you could spend a lot of time and money on a course to learn lots of stuff that you'd never require and playing around with all the filters, etc. in Photoshop is much more fun, anyway!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back