• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Henderson Nevada Cornerstone park area Sapsucker? (1 Viewer)

CLC117

United States
Flew in to a backyard tree. Two of them along with a small light brown juvenile looking bird. Didn't stay long and all three left together. Rush for the camera hence the crappy photo but it's enough to get an idea. Don't recall if there was red on their heads. The yellow really stood out in contrast to the black and white wings. The hummingbirds in the tree didn't seem to care for them and moved away which they don't do with the mockingbirds.

First glance my husband said woodpecker. Gives you a size reference.

This took place in the late morning of Dec 1, 2023.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• DSCN6182 (1).jpeg
    DSCN6182 (1).jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
It was my first thought, but wouldn't we expect to see some streaking on the underpants.

I didn't reply because I couldn't get it to quite match anything. In other parts of the world I would think koel or some other Cuckoo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back