• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi, bird people, I just joined.:) (1 Viewer)

Hi bird lovers, my name is Rick, I am married, "25 yrs. on June 30th" we live on 48 acres, half of it being wooded. We have 3 horses, 5 dogs, 2 cats, a very large oscar(fish) and lots of wild birds. There is a redtail hawk nest in a pine thicket, blue heron cranes eat out of the creek. The feeder we have attracts a lot of the feeder birds. It is quite peaceful here. Hope to chat with you, ty. :bounce:

Hello Rick:
Welcome fellow buckeye to Bird Forum.This is the place for the wildbird lover.It sounds like you can do some great birding right in your backyard.I'm in Cleveland covering the scene from Cuyahoga to Ottawa county.Enjoy your time here.See you around the forum or maybe on one of Ohio's trails.
Sam

Hi Rick,
Welcome to Birdforum. Sounds like you're in an excellent place to birdwatch. Hope you enjoy your time here in the forums and I look forward to hearing more about the birds in your area.

Hello Rick. Here's a big welcome from me and the entire staff here at BirdForum.net. ;)

Your property sounds wonderful and makes me just a tad bit jealous.;) How beautiful it all must be. Nothing like having the air around you filled with the sound of birds and other wildlife. Looking foward to hearing about all the birds you have there. Enjoy!

thanks, Sam,Dave, KC,. KC dont get too jealous, I live in an Old log house and heat mainly with wood. Winter keeps me busy, but u r right, I hear song birds from the bedroom window.

Hey, Skywalker, welcome! I'm not too far away from you, being a Hoosier. Your property sounds lovely, and like KC, I"m a bit jealous, living in the heart of a city. But I'm in a well-wooded older neighborhood, at least, and have my share of birdsong. I'm currently in love with my local catbird, who comes every few evenings and serenades me from the maple outside my bedroom window.

Looking forward to hearing about the birds on your acreage -- I'd love to have a GBH for a neighbor!

skywatcher47 said:
thanks, Sam,Dave, KC,. KC dont get too jealous, I live in an Old log house and heat mainly with wood. Winter keeps me busy, but u r right, I hear song birds from the bedroom window.
Sounds like my idea of paradise! Welcome to the forum from Canada. Love to see photos of your place.

Hi Rick welcome to Bird Forum from the UK, this is a friendly and informative site, hope you enjoy it. Look forward to your posts about the birdlife in your area ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back