• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi...From Manitoba's Interlake (1 Viewer)

jkalyta

As a new member I am dropping in to say hello. I am in Manitoba's Interlake region. Well...... it's kinda all one big lake at the moment. I am lucky to be high above flooding. Since most of southern Manitoba is under water at the moment I am looking out for interesting birds that may venture farther north as a result. Nothing interesting yet. A large flock of Harris's Sparrows showed up this morning. They are on their way north. The White Crowned have mostly moved on. Yesterday I had three Rose Breasted Grosbeaks show up. They are here for the summer. My tree Swallows have come back to nest in my Purple Martin house. My Phoebes are here but I haven't seen any Flycatchers yet. Looks like it will be a good summer. I got this photo of my Tree Swallow a couple of days ago. Trying out my new camera. Remember that I am new and if I'm off base on something just let me know. Such as uploading photos, etc.

treeswallowdsc024592.jpg

Hi jkalyta and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

What a beautiful swallow that is. I hope we may see more of your work in the Gallery too.

D

Hi jkalyta and a warm welcome to you on behalf of the Staff and Moderators.

What a beautiful swallow that is. I hope we may see more of your work in the Gallery too.

D

Thank you. I have a lot of bird photos but they are all amateur stuff. I'll look into creating an album on the forum or are the links to photo bucket acceptable?

Thank you.

I have a lot of bird photos but they are all amateur stuff. I'll look into creating an album on the forum or are the links to photo bucket acceptable?

We're all amateurs here:-O

Links to Photobucket are perfectly OK but don't have the same visual impact as a thumbnail in a post.

You can add 5 pictures to each post in a thread.

You also have unlimited Gallery space here, and can upload up to 3 pictures in 24 hours.

D

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back