• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi from New Jersey (1 Viewer)

Kettle Man

Got into Birding about three years ago. Move to new home which had a large wooded lot next to it. Hung a few different types of feeders and was amazed what was coming out of the woods to the feeders. That peaked my interest and have been expanding my life list since then.
For those unfamiliar with New Jersey, it is located on the East Coast, (USA), in the mid-atlantic region. It is a unique state in the sense that when migratory birds using the Eastern flyway along the shore, the state has two peninsulas. Sandy Hook (Northeast) and Cape May (Southeast). These two geographic locations are excellent birding locations. Prior to crossing the waterway to the next land mass, numerous birds may hold over either due to weather conditions, refueling or just taking a break. If you ever get the opportunity check them out, especially Cape May. Any time of year is good here but Spring and Fall migration are second to none.
If you are into birds of prey, Cape May in the fall is the spot to be. Cape May Point State Park at the Hawk Watch Platform. Kettles and kettles of hawks right overhead. (Hence my username "Kettle Man").
Looking forward to sharing information.
Kettle Man

Hi there and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and thanks for taking a moment to say hello ;)

Before I moved down here, I was a life long Staten Islander and made many trips to Cape May. It's a wonderful birding area.

Thank for the welcome. I took a ride there yesterday. Hour & 15 mins from Toms River. Great day. Many species crossing the Delaware Bay heading North. Warblers in and around the lighthouse area.

Hi Kettle Man and a warm welcome from me too

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I'll look forward to hearing all your news.

D

Hi Kettle Man

A warm welcome to you, it's great to hear about Cape May.
Hopefully I will get there sometime soon?

best regards
Merlin

Welcome to Birdforum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope that you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back