• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi , i would like to know where i could log or register, what i think could be the biggest jackjaws nest in England , thanks paul (1 Viewer)

Hi I would like to know , where I could log or register what I think could be the biggest jackjaws nest in the hole of England, thanks paul

7 feet high
9 feet long,
5 feet wide at the bottom of the nest,

Attachments

• 20230324_135208.jpg
    20230324_135208.jpg
    622.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230324_135315.jpg
    20230324_135315.jpg
    723.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230324_135734.jpg
    20230324_135734.jpg
    735.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20230324_140225_1.jpg
    IMG_20230324_140225_1.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 27
Hi Paul and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

WOW!! That's amazing.

I'm struggling to think where you can report this, not sure Bird Track BirdTrack have the facility.

However so that your record doesn't get lost in the depths, I'll speak with our Opus Editors and find out if they think it would be useful on our article about the Eurasian Jackdaw Eurasian Jackdaw - BirdForum Opus.

We'd just use one of the images... and would need to know where and when you took the picture (not a full address but a general location) and you would still hold the copyright. It would appear to be in a barn - is that right?

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Last edited:
I've never seen a Jackdaw's nest from the inside, but this one looks ginormous! As PYRTLE mentioned above, maybe you could contact Nest Record Scheme and ask if they're interested in such records?

The
Hi Paul and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

WOW!! That's amazing.

I'm struggling to think where you can report this, not sure Bird Track BirdTrack have the facility.

However so that your record doesn't get lost in the depths, I'll speak with our Opus Editors and find out if they think it would be useful on our article about the Eurasian Jackdaw Eurasian Jackdaw - BirdForum Opus.

We'd just use one of the images... and would need to know where and when you took the picture (not a full address but a general location) and you would still hold the copyright. It would appear to be in a barn - is that right?

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Hey thank you for that,,
And thank you for your reply ,
,that would be great as an article,,,the last one recorded was in a church tower in Shropshire, and before that one was seen , the biggest one recorded was in a tower at Eton collage, late 18th hundreds, , ..
So I think it could be a record breaker unless someone else comes forward finding a bigger one ,.
It's in a bell tower of an old boys and girls school, that I live at ,.
So iv got videos and plenty of photos

Thanks , Paul

The

Hey thank you for that,,
And thank you for your reply ,
,that would be great as an article,,,the last one recorded was in a church tower in Shropshire, and before that one was seen , the biggest one recorded was in a tower at Eton collage, late 18th hundreds, , ..
So I think it could be a record breaker unless someone else comes forward finding a bigger one ,.
It's in a bell tower of an old boys and girls school, that I live at ,.
So iv got videos and plenty of photos

Thanks , Paul
Thanks Paul

Could you give the county and date you took the pictures please; probably best not to name the school though.

It's in yorkshire , and the latest photos were taken last week on the 17th of April 2023,
The school is not in use any more , it was part school and church,
I live in the church part now and the school is empty except for the family of jackjaws, which have been tidying and readying there nest for the first batch of youngsters this year, ,

Thanks for that Nipper... one of the pictures will be added in the next few days.

It seems to be getting a bit late to do much more tonight LOL

Thanks for that Nipper... one of the pictures will be added in the next few days.

It seems to be getting a bit late to do much more tonight LOL
OK great , if there's anything else you would like to know ,. , just ask ,.
And let me know please if there will be an article,
Goodnight ,
Nipper

Thanks Nipper... the article already exists, it will be placed on the Eurasian Jackdaw page which I linked to in my first post.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back