• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

High fixed-mag option for Swaro scope - advice needed (1 Viewer)

back to Sancho original question

Sancho,
Since you found the astro-adapter, returning to your original question, considering that the Swaro has 460mm focal length, for 70x you need a 6 (77x) or a 7 (66x) mm eyepiece. I would go for a 6mm...;)
Recently I noticed that the TV Ethos 6 and 8mm versions are parfocal with the other TV 1.25" eyepieces and the 6mm would be a good expensive option (I remember now that I saw some pictures of Ethos in Pentax scopes, besides the adaptation that Can Popper did, just don't remember where....). A less expensive eyepiece would be the new TV Delos 6mm.
Besides those, you have the much less expensive TS HR6 http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop...iece---6mm-focal-length---1-25----60--WA.html but not so wide angled!

The options for 7mm are bigger.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back