• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Home made feeder. (2 Viewers)

I'm considering buying some of those mesh fat guards for frying pans and attaching them on chains under my feeders. To save on the amount of ground cleaning I have to do

Saw the first bird on the feeder - a robin.
Don't think he cared too much for the seeds. Maybe I should add some meal worms to the mix.

Looks good and should do the job well, just a question of waiting to see which bird is first to arrive
First bird I've seen on it was a Blue Tit just now.

edit. 20 minutes later the starlings have found it.
Only took them almost a week to 'find' it.

Last edited:
Major design flaw with mine.
Now it's raining the bottom tray is full of water as the top tray isn't big enough to cover it properly.
The seed is soaked so i've tipped it all out on the ground
:(

Major design flaw with mine.
Now it's raining the bottom tray is full of water as the top tray isn't big enough to cover it properly.
The seed is soaked so i've tipped it all out on the ground
:(

Finally got around to correcting the feeder after chucking it in the shed for months.
I used the bottom of a broken feeder .
Wonder if it any better now, considering it hasn't rained since I fixed it.

Attachments

• feeder.jpg
    feeder.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 46
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back