• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hong Kong Airport...? (1 Viewer)

colonelboris

Right way up again
Evenin' all,

I've got a two-hour stop at Hong Kong Airport - is there anything that I'm likely to see at all in that time from the airport building? I'm already tight for space for luggage and I didn't fancy adding a Hong Kong bird guide for such a short time, so any ideas welcome!
Cheers,

Tony

Tony,
Two hours is not long enough in enough time to do anything in Hong Kong as the airport is a long way out of town on Lantau Island which is not a good place for birdwatching in a hurry. It would take about 35 mins by train to get into Kowloon Park where you would see the most common birds .We don't have seabirds to speak of in HK ( no gulls around Lantau normally ) .
Neil.

Tony,
Two hours is not long enough in enough time to do anything in Hong Kong as the airport is a long way out of town ...
Neil.

That was my first reading too |:$| but I guess he wants to know if you can see any birds when you look out the windows. (I tried that too from the Bangkok airport, but really saw almost nothing |:(|)

That was my first reading too |:$| but I guess he wants to know if you can see any birds when you look out the windows. (I tried that too from the Bangkok airport, but really saw almost nothing |:(|)

You won't see anything around HK airport either.
Neil.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back