• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Housewren built a nest in garden shed (1 Viewer)

Cassandramarie

United States
There is a house wren that built a nest in a handles brown paper bag my garden shed! She’s been sitting on 5 eggs. Here’s a photo.
I have been leaving the top half of the door open so she can get in and out. I wonder if the chicks will have difficulty when it’s time to fledge? Anyone with expedience such as this ?IMG_4474.jpeg

Hi Cassandramarie and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I tihink you will find us a friendly and helpful group. As long as you leave the top half of the door open I think they will be ok. And for future reference, we don’t allow nest photos as they do tend to disturb the birds.

Hi Cassandramarie and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I tihink you will find us a friendly and helpful group. As long as you leave the top half of the door open I think they will be ok. And for future reference, we don’t allow nest photos as they do tend to disturb the birds.
You mean taking the photos disturbs the birds?! Thank you very much for your reply, I find it extremely helpful.

You mean taking the photos disturbs the birds?! Thank you very much for your reply, I find it extremely helpful.
Some birds are very skittish about their nests, and the sound of people, phones, cameras etc can scare them off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back