• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How fine to crush or chop macadamia (1 Viewer)

Marie H

United Kingdom
Hello everyone
New to the group so apologies if this has been asked before.
I've a kg of raw unsalted shelled macadamia nuts.
How small do I chop them to put on a bird table?
I don't have any kitchen gadgets just knives.
Can someone also distinguish between 'crush" and 'chop', as to me they are completely different.
Many thanks

Sorry I can't help, but macadamia nuts' prices are exorbitant where I live. I suggest you eat them yourself now that you've bought them: they're supposed to be good for you. :D

Only one other user asked about feeding them to birds, 17 years ago: Search results for query: macadamia. Not that I know, still, so there might be others elsewhere.

Welcome to Birdforum.

Do you have to chop them? I put out whole peanuts and birds seem to manage. Alternatively you could place them in a wire mesh nut feeder.

Sorry I can't help, but macadamia nuts' prices are exorbitant where I live. I suggest you eat them yourself now that you've bought them: they're supposed to be good for you. :D

Only one other user asked about feeding them to birds, 17 years ago: Search results for query: macadamia. Not that I know, still, so there might be others elsewhere.
I did buy them for myself but I can't moderate so want the birds to have them🤭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back