• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummingbirds Madera & Ramsey Canyons AZ 7/7 to 7/10 2021 (1 Viewer)

don45_tn

Request help in identifying these young or female hummingbirds photographed at Santa Rita Lodge in Madera Canyon 7/7 & 7/8 and at Ramsey Canyon Inn 7/10. Thanks for the help.
No 1 Madera Cnyn 07_07_2021.jpgNo 2 Madera Cnyn 07_07_2021.jpgNo 3 Madera Cnyn 07_07_2021.jpgNo 4 Madera Cnyn 07_08_2021.jpgNo 5 Ramsey Cnyn 07_10_2021.jpgNo 6 Ramsey Cnyn 07_10_2021.jpgNo. 7 Ramsey Cnyn 07_10_2021.jpg

I'm no expert on SW hummingbirds, but I think photos #1, 2, 3,5 look like female Broad-billed Hummingbird. The last photo looks like a female Anna's Hummingbird. Not certain about the others.

Thanks. I also thought #1, 2, 3, 5 had the female Broad-billed Hummingbird plumage. I just wasn't certain because these photos don't show any red in the lower mandible.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back