• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I got a new camera. (1 Viewer)

MikeInPA

Fuck Trump
United States
Unlike the Imelda Marcos of Camera Gear I own very few camera's. However last Thursday while I was over the river in York, (Pennsylvania not Yorkshire) I did succumb to making an addition to my camera's. I was in downtown York at the passport office and as I was literally 150 yards from a real live honest to goodness camera shop I made the mistake of calling in. Camera shops are about as rare rocking horse doo doo these day so I couldn't resist paying them a visit. I need a new Rocket Blower which I thought they might have but they didn't. On the way out I had a last look when I spied it. I asked to see it, I handled it, I lusted after it. It was beautiful, but I was strong, I resisted saying no more and walked out. Once outside I chickened out, I needed it, I wanted it, it's only money after all. So I am now the proud owner of this little beauty.

Nikomat 1.jpg

I travelled all over Europe, the Far East, the US and Australia with one of these from (I think) 1968 to 1978. It's the only camera I ever sold for more than I bought it for. I originally paid £99 for it and traded it in for a Nikon FE in 1978 and got £105 for it. The UK version was called a Nikkormat FTn, this is a US version I imagine.
Why did I spend $250 on a 35 mm film camera, I have no freaking idea. I just hope my wife doesn't see it. Will I use it? Probably, it needs a $5 battery for the TTL metering and roll of film. I'll give it a go at some point I'm sure. It's tiny:ROFLMAO:

Lovely camera, looks immaculate.
Film is the new vinyl, you'll have no problem finding it, but processing is still extortionate.
Maybe a darkroom for Christmas?

I’m halfway through the first roll of film. When I get it developed I’ll have the shots scanned and I’ll post a few on here. I have a few thousand slides from my original 60’s/70’s Nikkormat that I’ll scan when I get one of those roundtoit things.

Film developing is not expensive at all. I assume you live in the USA - I used this company while living over there. To purchase film you might want to try this company. Very nice find by the way.
I’ve used the Darkroom many times for my Hasselblad 500 series processing and they are very good. I’m not intending to use it much it was more of a nostalgia purchase than anything.
👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back