• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I need to clamp a Monopod! (2 Viewers)

John In Ireland

Ireland
I want to clamp a monopod (Manfrotto 680B) to the shelf in a bird hide. I want it to be clamped to the shelf with the monopod foot touching the floor. I know someone on here made one once. I've been looking around for suitable clamps but not come up with anything yet. The monopod grip at the top is about 41mm diameter.
Anyone any ideas? I know it's a long shot but Hey Ho!

John

Last edited:
Would a Manfrotto 349 column clamp not work? Think it used to have a removable sleeve. Or something similar from Opticron.

Would a Manfrotto 349 column clamp not work? Think it used to have a removable sleeve. Or something similar from Opticron.
Not really the 349 only supports centre columns from 25-28mm diameter. Also I don’t really want to use a centre column because it’s not long enough to touch the floor so less stability. I need my monopod to touch the floor and be clamped at the top. Thanks for your reply.

I think the Manfrotto superclamp (035) would do the monopod, but then it's going to be connecting that clamp to the bench...

I think the Manfrotto superclamp (035) would do the monopod, but then it's going to be connecting that clamp to the bench...
Two superclamps connected by a Manfrotto 133 extension bar or the shorter 061 joining stud, except the clamps need to be at right angles and this configuration can only do multiples of 60 degrees. I’m sure there is a solution in the Manfrotto SuperClamp ecosystem as it is designed for this kind of light rigging problem.

Edit: yes, the 061RA right angle joining stud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back