• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID Help - Toronto Pearson Airport (1 Viewer)

bicchawla

Canada
Spotted these two today along Etobicoke Creek Trail, west side of Toronto Pearson Airport (apologies for poor picture quality). I believe the first (2 photos) is either Yellow or Wilson's Warbler. The second (4 photos) looks like a Snow Goose (?).

Thanks, everyone.

Attachments

• IMG_0755.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0751.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0736.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0737.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_0738.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0739.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 29
The warbler looks good for Yellow, no cap and very bright overall (female Wilson's has greener tones on head and wings).

As for the other bird, it's actually a swan. Giving the date of the photo could be important here, as Trumpeter becomes more likely than Tundra after early spring. I see two features that may support Trumpeter (eye does not stand out from facial skin, feet look gigantic), but I'd be reluctant to call it 100% based on these photos.

"today"

I don't think I can rule out Mute Swan. They have a restricted range in Canada but are definitely present around Toronto.

Thanks so much everyone! It’s so unusual to see swans in flight around here and particularly a solitary one around the airport.

Anyway, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back