• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ID please - Arundel, UK (1 Viewer)

yezzer

Taken at the WWT at Arundel.
I'm very new to this.. i know more about photography than birds, but i'm slowly learning!

Last one - coal tit or marsh tit? i know marsh tits are seen in that area.

Attachments

• duck1.jpg
    duck1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 57
  • duck2.jpg
    duck2.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 71
  • duck3.jpg
    duck3.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 86
  • finch1.jpg
    finch1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 84
  • tit1.jpg
    tit1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 84
Last one.. is this a cormorant or a shag? I've looked at the rspb site and in my rspb book and i can't tell. thought it looked more like a shag, but i dont think they're seen that far east on the south coast.

and if anyone fancies helping me ID all the others, be my guest! http://www.flickr.com/photos/yezzer

Attachments

• cormorant.jpg
    cormorant.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 102
  • cormorant2.jpg
    cormorant2.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 90
1. Ruddy Shelduck
2. Don't know, maybe some sort of Whistling Duck
2. Long-tailed Duck
4. Chaffinch
5. Coal Tit

Your others photos are Cormorants.

I've been to Arundel several times, so know the captive and wildbirds there rather well.

1: Ruddy Shelduck
2: White-cheeked whistling duck (is it also called white-faced?)
3: Long-tailed duck

All of those are captive.

4: chaffinch
5: coal tit
6/7: cormorant

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back