• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

I'm back again- Photo taken over the Dodder river in Ireland this evening (1 Viewer)

keps

Thanks to Butty for giving me the ID of the Swift yesterday. I was back out with my camera again today trying to get a better shot of the Swift and took a lot of pics. Sifting through them on my PC - this one kinda stood apart. To me it seemed to be travelling fast- then again maybe it's a garden bird?? just mingling with all the swifts??

bird.jpg

Just an observation, but... it's not possible for us to know what your objectives are: either to learn how to identify birds, or just to take photos of whatever birds you see and then to identify them later. If the latter... fine. But, if the former, you will learn far more and much more quickly by instead using binoculars largely to watch birds and then spending lots of time consulting your field guide. In the present case, if watching with binoculars, you would very quickly see the total difference in both flight style and shape between swift and wood pigeon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back