• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Info Needed on Vintage Bushnell Wide Angle (1 Viewer)

starbritemoonlight

I just picked up these 8x30 Bushnell Wide Angle rubber-armored binoculars and I am really impressed with them. Would anyone here happen to recognize them and can provide me with a little more information like when they were made, specs, etc.? What's the story behind them? Surely, they can't be the typical budget binoculars.

They're extremely well made with no internal glare or reflections and the biggest surprise for me is how well corrected they are across the field of view. Mechanical components are silky smooth too and they have wonderful purplish-blue coatings (not the typical deep blue one finds on older binoculars). As far as performance, they compare very favorably with the Rangemaster I have. They even came with caps for both ends, a nice pouch, and the original brochure explaining how to use them.

A wonderfully sharp and very comfortable pair of binoculars, I really like these!

Attachments

• b1.jpeg
    b1.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 15
  • b2.jpeg
    b2.jpeg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12
  • b3.jpeg
    b3.jpeg
    48.4 KB · Views: 11
  • b4.jpeg
    b4.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 12
  • b5.jpeg
    b5.jpeg
    46 KB · Views: 13
  • b6.jpeg
    b6.jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 15
As you discovered, I created a similar thread that has some answers to your questions. Linking back here:

Yes, they are really a nice little porro binocular.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back