• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Is this a Siskin? (1 Viewer)

Tockman said:
Hi Guys,
A new visitor on the feeders today, is it a Siskin?

Last week I saw Siskins in my garden for the first time since 2004. A male and a female, they came with Goldfinches and spent a long time here, feeding on Niger seeds. Although the Goldfinches continue to visit regularly, the Siskins haven't returned.

If you go to my website and click on the latest Garden Diary entry link you can see a few pictures I took of the Sisikins (scroll back up to the diary entry for 23 February).

Same here we had a fleeting visit from 1 Siskin last week and the last time would be about 2 years ago as well when we manged 3 for a quick once only visit.

We had our very first two Siskins a couple of weeks ago. They were both males. They have now increased to 4 males and one female and have been every day since. Cracking garden birds.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back