• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

It Pooped! ...Making a *%#@ List. (1 Viewer)

carjug

The Belted Kingfisher let loose a ten foot long stream of *%#@ from it's perch on a telephone wire, and my PoopList was born. The Great Blue Heron was next, a super long splat of nastyness landed on a weedfield. Hummers squirt while they hover at nectar feeders; and today I saw a Magnolia Warbler drop a itty bity turd on a leaf.
You really know a bird when you share a bathroom moment with it!

There's a book called "What Bird Did That?" for identifying the evidence on your windshield. It sits on my bookshelf next to "Flattened Fauna" the book for identifying roadkill.

I started my list when I saw a Snowy Owl unleash what appeared to be about a quart of vanilla ice cream from its rear end. Nothing though can top the sight of an Ostrich carpet bombing the savannah in Kenya.

nah, the best rectal projections come from cormorants, just watch them bow down, lift the tail and spray.

Ever stood under a large flock of Brent Geese as they fly overhead and then decide to defeacate all at once. Well I have and it ain't pleasant.

Ever stood under a large flock of Brent Geese as they fly overhead and then decide to defeacate all at once. Well I have and it ain't pleasant.

I once sailed on a small boat past a large Gannet colony and dozens of birds took off and crapped en masse, the explosion of guano was spectacular, and like a sudden rain shower you could see it coming like a curtain of white across the surface of the water. It was an open boat and there was no escape.

I confess that along time ago a certain black throated thrush in Coltishall did a crap on a rock...and i nicked the rock n took it home...[chuckle]..! Sad b..........

Laughed hard at this thread.

And now strangley find the need to check the birds toilet behaviour when im next in the field..
"wink"
Karpman

I've kept such a list for donkeys years but I have a strict rule. I have to mutter 's%$t list' to myself when I see a bird defecate! This is so engrained in me that participants of my bird tours have on occasion heard me mutter this to myself leading now to one local RSPB group in Surrey having a whole section of its members keeping a s%&t list and competing with each other! Many of them came to Lesvos with last year and many went home very happy with a whole host of new species added to whatever lists they were keeping!

During my last research job, the researchers were all looking at this Broad-winged Hawk, when suddenly somebody yelled "Oh Crap!' and they all ran... you can guess why... lol

While doing a quick spot of birding at Dundalk Bay yesterday afternoon I observed a juvenile female Peregrine produce a healthy squit while it was resting on a mudbank. It proceeded to step back into its waste then, rather begrudgingly shook its left foot as if to say aaargh s@%t!
It had the last laugh though. As I moved off, I stepped on a neatly concealed doggy landmine!!

All of a sudden this Bud light tastes like sh*t no wait false alarm it always has. B :) I've seen more than a few accipiters after finishing a meal lift tail, spray and fly away. Dude its totally gnar gnar.

I added the Northern Flicker to the list this morning! Ptuuwi!

We had a bumper crop of Wild Cherries a few years back, and the crows were splattering cherry pits everywhere. I wonder if these seeds had a better chance of sprouting than pits that never had a trip through a bird's butt?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back