• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kenya - Urban Nairobi (1 Viewer)

Sasquatch Fingers

International Man of Leisure
The first one I am fairly certain is a Thrush, thinking Abyssinian, maybe. I can accept "inconclusive thrush sp." as well, of course.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 11.13.09 PM.png

Second one... two pics, same bird, slightly different angle, both terrible shots. Gray Wagtail, maybe?

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 11.13.24 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-28 at 11.13.29 PM.png

Third one, the swallow... I'm probably overthinking this one, but the brown cap and unmarked breast has me thinking Wire-tailed Swallow, despite no apparent wires to the tail.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 11.21.03 PM.png

Fourth one... not sure where to start with it.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 11.25.44 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-11-28 at 11.25.58 PM.png

1) I think Abyssinian Thrush is the only Thrush of this Complex in Nairobi.
2) Common Bulbul
3) You are correct
4) Cisticolas. Iam not experienced enough to give a definitive ID here but Rattling or Winding Cisticola are usually contenders.

1) I think Abyssinian Thrush is the only Thrush of this Complex in Nairobi.
2) Common Bulbul
3) You are correct
4) Cisticolas. Iam not experienced enough to give a definitive ID here but Rattling or Winding Cisticola are usually contenders.
Agree: 4 should be winding (rufous wings, cap)

Thanks, all.

I have a list from this trip which makes me think I already did some of these here, but I also think it was mostly assembled from a checklist that I completed with our guide, because with just this selection of four, I added the Wire-tailed Swallow to the existing list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back