• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Keyring mini LED flashlight (1 Viewer)

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
United Kingdom
I'm after a reasonable quality rechargeable unit that can be clipped onto either my car key or house keys. For general use I have a Fenix TC series but it's too bulky to carry around. The Fenix eo5r looks good, anyone with experience or something similar? Thanks.

I have had the Fenix EO2R as a keyring torch for 18 months now. I don't notice it, it doesn't turn on by accident (unlike the push button Nitecores I've had before), there are no multiple button press sequences to remember, it uses USB C same as my phone just checked it is micro not C, the two brightness levels are more than enough. I couldn't recommend it more!

20231215_192441.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mono, purchased 3 x EO2R as presents and all are very pleased with them. What a fantastic little unit though I went for the EO5R for myself in the green.
Best wishes

I actually went through a couple of those mini LED flashlights last year. The first one I bought was too dim, and the next was too bulky, just like your Fenix TC. I finally landed on a neat little rechargeable one that's been perfect. It’s lightweight, clips easily onto my keychain, and has been surprisingly durable – I'm pretty rough with my keys.

I actually went through a couple of those mini LED flashlights last year. The first one I bought was too dim, and the next was too bulky, just like your Fenix TC. I finally landed on a neat little rechargeable one that's been perfect. It’s lightweight, clips easily onto my keychain, and has been surprisingly durable – I'm pretty rough with my keys.
Cheers, my Fenix EO5R has been ideal for keyring use, whilst the smaller versions have been well received as presents. The TC is still my go to unit for more robust use, hanging by the back door.
Regards.

Last edited:
When it comes to finding the right one, it's all about that balance between size and power. If the Fenix eo5r caught your eye, it might be just the right fit.

I recently encountered a comparable situation, in search of a compact, rechargeable flashlight for my keychain. I opted for a diminutive, unbranded version from a nearby electronics retailer. Despite its small stature, it emits a surprisingly strong beam, can be charged using a USB cable, and is sufficiently light to carry on my keychain without being bothersome. The battery duration has satisfactorily met my requirements, primarily for locating items in my car or navigating to my entrance door after dark.

I have been using these for the past 5 years. A charge from a USB cable lasts a very long time and there are two brightness levels.

They also are available in 9 colors. Never could understand why people buy flashlights that are black or camo as I want to find it in the dark.

I have been using these for the past 5 years. A charge from a USB cable lasts a very long time and there are two brightness levels.

They also are available in 9 colors. Never could understand why people buy flashlights that are black or camo as I want to find it in the dark.
A max of 55 lumens is too low for my requirements, though a claimed year on standby is impressive ; the Fenix I use has a useful range of brightness settings up to 400 lumens on a burst.

A max of 55 lumens is too low for my requirements, though a claimed year on standby is impressive ; the Fenix I use has a useful range of brightness settings up to 400 lumens on a burst.
Me too, and while at least 20-100 will do for many purposes, 200-700 is much nicer to have on tap. I really care about lower levels too and the lights I carry go from around .08-200 or so, though most of my usage is probably between 10-100 anymore.

After reading this thread I purchased the Fenix E03R V2.0 and am very pleased with it. I don't have it on my keyring, it slips into the fob pocket o jeans or trousers very snuggly alongside a miniature Swiss Army knife. Thanks to all contributors.

Chris

I opted for a diminutive, unbranded version from a nearby electronics retailer. Despite its small stature, it emits a surprisingly strong beam, can be charged using a USB cable, and is sufficiently light to carry on my keychain without being bothersome. The battery duration has satisfactorily met my requirements, primarily for locating items in my car or navigating to my entrance door after dark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back