• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

kinda interesting (1 Viewer)

phramed

United States
Im an old phart with a walkout woodshop in the basement of our condo her in Va. As my woodworking has gotten less with age, i have found i like to watch all the activity going on in the woods in the "backyard." This video i cut from over two minutes of watching this pileated. When I first saw him(?) I put binoculars on it and lo and behold, I witnessed its magnificent tongue lashing our like a lizard. I have see it before several times including with its mate a few years ago foriging for carpenter bee larvae on an upper deck. Im not much of a joiner but i found this site in a search for information on a cooper's hawk sighting on the same deck railing below where i got the video of the woodpecker. I wasnt quick enuff to get a pic of the hawk

Attachments

• 1710436321475.jpeg
    1710436321475.jpeg
    287.5 KB · Views: 5
Im an old phart with a walkout woodshop in the basement of our condo her in Va. As my woodworking has gotten less with age, i have found i like to watch all the activity going on in the woods in the "backyard." This video i cut from over two minutes of watching this pileated. When I first saw him(?) I put binoculars on it and lo and behold, I witnessed its magnificent tongue lashing our like a lizard. I have see it before several times including with its mate a few years ago foriging for carpenter bee larvae on an upper deck. Im not much of a joiner but i found this site in a search for information on a cooper's hawk sighting on the same deck railing below where i got the video of the woodpecker. I wasnt quick enuff to get a pic of the hawk
OOPS...I thought the video would load but it didnt

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group. I heard my first Pileated a few days ago, can’t wait to actually see one.

Hi phramed and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back