• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kitten sp (1 Viewer)

Andy Adcock

Worst person on Birdforum
Cyprus
I suspect this to be my first Poplar, apart from visual markings, it was large, 19mm.

All opinions welcome.

Attachments

• rsz_p7010758.jpg
    rsz_p7010758.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 32
I suspect this to be my first Poplar, apart from visual markings, it was large, 19mm.

All opinions welcome.

The only comment I would make is “Lucky Bugger”....I’ve only had the one...and they are superb! Regarding Poplar, it does look good, however I would wait for more expert opinions.

Cheers

Thanks fellas, four ticks this year already.

Here's the money shot.

Attachments

• rsz_p7010807.jpg
    rsz_p7010807.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
They're certainly good A. :t:

Attachments

• P1340192.jpeg   Sallow Kitten 1..jpeg
    P1340192.jpeg Sallow Kitten 1..jpeg
    257.3 KB · Views: 18
Very nice, I've only had one and one Sallow Kitten. Never had an Alder which is a little strange as there is more of their foodplant here than for either of the others.

Very nice, I've only had one and one Sallow Kitten. Never had an Alder which is a little strange as there is more of their foodplant here than for either of the others.

I've had two of the three now and Alder is the one I'm missing too but it's scarce at best in Notts so not surprising.

Last edited:
I get Sallow and Poplar Kitten fairly regularly but only one patch record of Alder Kitten from a friend's garden.

Pics - Alder Kitten x 2, Poplar Kitten & Sallow Kitten x 2.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Alder Kitten 01.JPG
    Alder Kitten 01.JPG
    447.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Alder Kitten 02.JPG
    Alder Kitten 02.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Poplar Kitten 01.JPG
    Poplar Kitten 01.JPG
    389.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Sallow Kitten 01.JPG
    Sallow Kitten 01.JPG
    375.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Sallow Kitten 02.JPG
    Sallow Kitten 02.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back