• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa Genesis, which model is best in line? (1 Viewer)

Northman

I was wondering for those that have tried multiple of the Kowa Genesis binoculars, which was the easiest/comfortable to look through?

I was planing on the 8x33, but is there one in the line up you would consider best?

I was wondering for those that have tried multiple of the Kowa Genesis binoculars, which was the easiest/comfortable to look through?

I was planing on the 8x33, but is there one in the line up you would consider best?
I've tested the 8x33, and I can use them, just, with my glasses. I had them side by side with a pair of 8x32 Trinovid HD's and felt they were sharper and overall optically superior. I didn’t buy them because the eye relief was simply too tight with my glasses.

My absolute favourite of the range is the 8.5x44. My copy is an absolute peach, and sits within a handful of my absolute favourite binoculars. Quite heavy, FOV is not the widest, but it's incredibly comfortable and usable. I will add that I rejected four copies of this binocular for different reasons, before settling on the copy I now own. I believe they are my sharpest binocular optically, apart from my Noctivids, although absolute sharpness isn't everything, of course. I adore both the feel of the armour and the feel of the focus wheel and it's movement, while relatively stiff, is sublime.

The 10.5x44 I love too, but as with the 8x33, doesn't quite have enough eye relief.

I totally agree with Bentley03 with the addition that I only had to try one. In addition: I bought the Kowa Genesis 8,5x44 as a back up for my Swaro EL SV 8,5x42 but very quickly the Kowa became my number one due to the advantages said by Bentley03. In other threads I now see many "eye candy" subjects and for me one part of the Genesis is true candy: look through the front barrels and you see the words "prominar" three times, so beautiful :)

I need to get me a pair of the 10.5’s! I saw some open box at Camerland a month back for $850 and missed out. Should have got them immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back