• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kowa TSN-EX16S extender on TSN 663 (2 Viewers)

corvid-8

Just bought a used TSN 663 ED Prominar Grey (not green M) w/ TSE 14WD x30W as an "I wish I had something between these two" (TSN 553 & TSN 823M).
Anyone used the TSN-EX 16S Extender and if it works ok w/ the 30WD eyepiece. Was just wondering as the TSE Z9B (20x60) accepts it, does the Wide?
I would prefer on THIS scope the fixed 30Wide but an extender would help for distance ID and keep the simple light gathering potential of a fixed wide eyepiece.
My 823M has a Baader 4 zoom and obviously the 553 has its Zoom (mod- TSE Z9B !)
thanks.

Hi,

I have the small body extender and have used it with both the 20-60 zoom (when I still had that one) and the 30x wide. The latter config with 48x is my default on the 613 body and works quite well with that.

Joachim

Hi!
I have 663-M Prominar with the 1.6 extender and the eyepiece 30xW and what I can say it works well. With such a high magnification (48x) combined with 66 mm objective the exit pupil is small (1.4). With that comes limitations (you need good day light and difficulties to line up your eye).

The view is nice, but its not as razor sharp as with only the 30xW (wich I find very sharp and wide). Still I Will keep the extender, its good for long distance birding. And
/Magnus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back