• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Kuwait.... counting the days... (1 Viewer)

NicoleB

Nature addict
Hey there,

anyone out there in beautiful Kuwait?

If no major forces work against me, I'll be heading there next Sunday.
Again.

Last time I didn't watch birds, or was too timid to approach people.
Well, now I know the perimeter a bit and things are different.

So, if you are over there and care to share or are tired to hop around alone, drop me a note.

Cheers (uhm, well, not really in Kuwait....*needs to think of something else,....*)

Nicole

OK, I'm here.
Got my first Lifer already :)

White-eared Bulbul residing in our area.

Have also seen Stilts and Plovers, but have yet to get a closer look.

Too bad I seem to be the only one around in Kuwait at BF :(

Hi NicoleB, du bist auf Deutchland? I'm Tim and I am retired Army. I served in Iraq for two deployments and on my second one I saw over 80 species of bird on my COB near Tikrit! I saw a few on my first deployment but lost my binos upon arrival to Kuwait, soooo frustrating! Here's wishing you a safe deployment and many days of great birding if you are able to! My first bird in Kuwait was a Hoopoe Lark in flight, I was so excited to see a new bird so early! I'll have to show you my list one of these days if you want to see it. Take care!:flyaway:

Hi Tim.
Yes, I'm from Germany.
I'm not deployed here though (thank goodness). Hubby's a contractor.

We've been here before '07/08, but I wasn't into birding then.
A Hoopoe Lark? Awww,.... hope I get to see one of those too :D
Yes, would love to see your bird list from here.

And thanks for your reply. Makes me feel a tad less lonely *grin*

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back