• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lake Kerkini and surronds (5 Viewers)

Great report Dan, thanks for taking the time to write it up.

For anyone looking to repeat it, you can get a lovely lunch at the old railway station in Veyronia - highly recommended.

Chris
Thanks for your kind words Chris, appreciated.
Sadly we missed out on the old railway station, and struggled to find many places to eat - though likely more as a result of dawn - dusk birding sapping any enthusiasm for driving around looking for restaurants!

Great stuff. Brings back happy memories of a trip there back in 2012 (thought it was longer ago than that in fact!). Dubbed it the land of the Hawfinch. Never seen so many before or since!
Thanks Brian, I read your report in preparation - it was useful in providing some tips for various sites. I agree re. Hawfinch, on a trip with some many highlights it is somewhat absurd that a roost hosting C.100 Hawfinch is relegated to "also ran", but such is the quality on offer - for comparison, I managed 5 coming in to roost in my local wood on Saturday, which is quite decent...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back