• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lens caps for 7x35 Leica "Retrovid" (1 Viewer)

HertsPhil

It may not be generally known but the standard E39 metal lens cap that has been produced by Leica for years will fit the Retrovid objective lenses. However I did not wish to pay the inflated prices for a genuine pair and discovered that the Chinese(?) knock offs do the job admirably at a much cheaper price. Being metal and in black to match the binocular they now protect the expensive lenses.

Last edited:
I could have sent you a link. Mine are aftermarket. Good quality.
If you would be so kind to sent me the link…thank you in advance. I ordered a pair for 18 euro., doubt if they are original 🤔

EDIT: the caps are 18 euro per objective cover, so 36 euro for a pair (thank you Jafritten ;))

Last edited:
Hi, I don't have the binoculars with me yet, I don't know the external measurements of the objective barrel. Are the Opticron covers the OG XS 38 39mm?
Many thanks

Hi, the ones i have are:​

Opticron Rubber Objective Lens Covers 32mm OG M Pair fits models with Outer Diameter 42~44mm​

...However I did not wish to pay the inflated prices for a genuine pair and discovered that the Chinese(?) knock offs do the job admirably at a much cheaper price.

That being the case, why not go the whole hog and get one of the Oriental knockoffs of the original Trinovids - Swift Trilyte or similar... 😸

Users who are viewing this thread

Back