• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lisbon area (1 Viewer)

Jose605

Congo-Brazzaville
Spotted this week.

#1 & #2 Female Northern Wheatear? (different individuals)
#3 Willow Warbler?
#4 A tern?

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Cheers,

Jose

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 46
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 45
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 48
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 48
Hello Jose,

any more pictures? No offence you know, but apart from the first one, which is a Northern Wheatear for me, too, they are difficult for me. And I get the feeling, more pictures could well change this.

But you know, I like quiz modus:
I agree with you, second is a Northern Wheatear, too (but I get the feeling, that its a long time I saw my last Black-eared Wheateears. And it might well be an easy one for others. Thanks! )
Third seems a Spotted/Mediterranean Flycatcher to me, with the yellowish cast a result of reflection from foliage
Last one is a Little Tern just by first gut feeling=and the same feeling after looking at the pictures again some time later

I hope for more pictures and comments. Thanks!

Hello Jose,

any more pictures? No offence you know, but apart from the first one, which is a Northern Wheatear for me, too, they are difficult for me. And I get the feeling, more pictures could well change this.

But you know, I like quiz modus:
I agree with you, second is a Northern Wheatear, too (but I get the feeling, that its a long time I saw my last Black-eared Wheateears. And it might well be an easy one for others. Thanks! )
Third seems a Spotted/Mediterranean Flycatcher to me, with the yellowish cast a result of reflection from foliage
Last one is a Little Tern just by first gut feeling=and the same feeling after looking at the pictures again some time later

I hope for more pictures and comments. Thanks!

Thank you very much, Alexander! Great feedback.

Unfortunately these days I'm traveling with a pocket camera with a very limited zoom, so this is the closer I can get to the birds without them flying away.

I'm attaching 2 more (poor) pics of the 2nd bird.

As for the flycatcher, that's the best photo I have, but I think you are right about being a Spotted Flycatcher. I saw several in the area. This photo somehow made me think it could be something else.

Cheers!

Jose

Attachments

• P1010021.JPG
    P1010021.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 11
  • P1010027.JPG
    P1010027.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 11
Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back