• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Little Egret with a touch of grey???? (1 Viewer)

trooper

John B.
For the last three days there has been a Little Egret on my local patch, for us here a big rarity!!. It is a juveneile and on the belly has grey patches which isn´t shown in any book and which I have never seen on any other Little Egret that I have seen in the UK or France. Has anybody an idea why this could be, could this be a hybrid??(Reef Egret??) I am gratefull for any ideas.
There are pictures of the Little Egret on www.naturgucker.de :-
click on Arten, then vögel then in the rubricen Art im lexikon suchen enter Seidenreiher then click Bilder and the pictures from Norbet Kiefer are the said bird.(complicated but worth it)

Its been seen by other birders and we are sure it is not mud or dirt, and when you see it live it definitly is not matted!!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back