• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (1 Viewer)

It is absolutely great Ann - just nerve racking as well!! I suppose she has to make sure No1 makes it and then feed the other if enough food arrives. Last night was starnge though 'cos she had food but didn't bother to feed chick No2. Must remenber she's the expert and I'm the alien here.........

right I'm logging off for today. between watching arrivals and departures for big metal birds and these even better feathered ones I'm knackered.

Post plenty if you see anything no matter how trivial happening.

Ann

Well I guess I missed the best today did not get home till 18:30. Laptop on by 19:00 or thereabouts and no feeds until off at 21:40. Madge was nagging a few times and the few sightings of 2 heads occasionally suggest chicks were OK so guess the 18:00 feed was enough. The large diary entry also suggests SWT happy at current feeding of both chicks so fingers crossed though I think experience will always favour older chick. Linda suggestd a trip up this weekend but I think we see more on the webcam until chicks get a bit bigger so may leave next visit a bit longer.

PS Anne realised it was a 24 hour watch but would have thought the overnight guys and gals would be too tired at that time to zoom in and out but then again could have been the next shift coming in. Think I know what I want to do when I start collecting pension in a few years:t::t::t:

Last edited:
PS Anne realised it was a 24 hour watch but would have thought the overnight guys and gals would be too tired at that time to zoom in and out but then again could have been the next shift coming in. Think I know what I want to do when I start collecting pension in a few years:t::t::t:

Tom I couldn't think of a better thing to do when I'm of that certain age too. Ideally would love to move up that way a bit.

He's caught another fish which is great because I'm sure its started to rain. Chick number 1 favoured again but 2 is getting a look in.

Feeling a bit tearful now. marge walked from the ten o'clock position to the six o'clock position the long way! just to make sure wee Eck got something to eat.

BIG Fish arrived bout 10 mins ago and again chick 2 never faired that good Chick 1 got most in fact both chicks were almost taken out as Marge had a problem pulling it around nest

Homer has since brought back fish and Chick 2 got a big feed

Good on you Marge !

Elf

Last edited:
fish arrived 8.27. Didn't see no 2 get fed but never saw it asking either. very floppy. Hopefully its just stuffed from earlier. No 1 ate very well again. Strangely Marge has settled back on the nest with fish still clumped to her feet!

Well things looking not bad at all. I saw regular feeds yesterday and the end of a feed just now with the little one getting a good feed. Did look though as if chick 1 was full.
Mums just flown off returned and nearly hit them moving a large stick then flew off again. Wee eck head still up though as if still hungry. She returned tidied stick away from chicks and away again. I know she is not far but they do look small and vurnerable when alone. Anyway she is back again tidying nest both chicks begging and Mum now calling guess dad better bring more grub.....

They're so teeny. They looked really cute in the sun though. maybe she was away to clean her feet LOL. Bring on lots of fishes Homeric. Its supposed to be a blazing day up here with full sun so it may not be until later we get the trout coming in.

... so it may not be until later we get the trout coming in.

Nope feeding again as I came back just now big un still winning but I am more confident about but wee Eck getting a reasonable amount:t:

Ann agree living up there would be nice to think about but even when the OAP arrives I know the boss will think it to far from the grand weans :king: Now what age will they be then.............

PS may be sunny but looks pretty blowy still!

BTW no one has asked what all the semi colons are for after my name. If you look at it from side on its Marge and Homer Simpson LOL

The nest was all quiet when I peeked earlier.

Tea-time Sunday

Sunday 3.15pm

Both babies eagerly reaching towards Marge, who is definitely feeding them in turn - good girl!!
They are really tucking in, bless them!:t:

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back