• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (2 Viewers)

The restriction is not to get our hits up on the site. Every time that you watch the webcams you use bandwidth. The bandwidth cost is very high. Wildlife TV broadcast it free to 10000 + unique visitor a day and has been for nearly six years with no restrictions. Unfortunately there are those who leave the streams running 24/7 only watching for short periods. Many also minimise, again only watching now and then, that is costing unacceptable amounts of money. It is those that we are trying to stop and who have caused the restriction.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell if they have seen Homer today as been a strange day at the nest Madge has been off nest tons and for long periods chicks fighting like hell with bad pecking and I just thought Madge went and got fish herself Hope Homer ok !

Of course the web cam cutting out all the time no helping !!!

Elf

what the hell is happening with the site, I have had nothing but a black window for 2 days. I do not have a play button, if I right click and select play nothing happens.

The restriction is not to get our hits up on the site... there are those who leave the streams running 24/7 only watching for short periods....that is costing unacceptable amounts of money..

Hi All

Ok guess we have to be fair here we have been spoiled over the 4 years I have been watchng where while not leaving it on 24hrs I have in the evening left it on 2-4 hrs using the sound to tell me when activity was happening with no thought to cost. I can see why Webbroadcaster has had to impose restrictions. However perhaps they will look at the difference made and consider upping the 15mins a bit.

I was also considering contribution and agree with earlier post that those of us who like to use the streaming facility could contribute a small fee if for that our time limit could be increased. Difficult one as do not like the thought of these great sites becoming 'pay as you go' but we do have to live in the real world which unfortunately means there is a price for every service.

May be worth further discussion or thought Webbroadcaster

Anyway back to the family just before my previous post I came in at the end of a feed where obviously the bigger chick was full and wee Eck was getting plenty before mum decided it was her turn. Things on the nest looking good:t:

There is no restriction on how long you watch the webcams, just restart as soon as the 15 minutes expires. The 15 minute restriction is on for those who keep the webcams going all day and only view now and then.

For those still having difficulty accessing the Osprey webcam.
Go to the home page of Wildlife TV http://www.wildlifetv.co.uk Refresh page, then select thumbnail for webcam page that you want to view. On selected page you will see that at the bottom of the webcam screen various buttons. Press the first on the left with the arrow pointing to the right.

Last edited:
Both chicks are stuffed fu'

Surprisingly Mum favoured wee Eck to start with. Oor Wullie was second best at first. Isn't the difference in size huge?

Like you, I am so enjoying watching the nest today Ann - always nice to hear from you - and its great seeing the little one getting a decent meal for a change. Fingers crossed all.

Anyone see the 8.10pm fish and whether littleun got any - I missed the fish coming in, and she was feeding herself when I tuned in. Plenty of fish left over anyway. Bigun knocked littleun out for a while!

Hi,
Just joined Bird Forum but have been watching the progress of the Ospreys and chicks.
Has anyone seen the male bringing in fish over the last few days. Or even seen him ?
I suspect he's "disappeared" and Mum Osprey is trying to look after the chicks and also catch fish to feed them too.
Can anyone comment ?

Hi,
Just joined Bird Forum but have been watching the progress of the Ospreys and chicks.
Has anyone seen the male bringing in fish over the last few days. Or even seen him ?
I suspect he's "disappeared" and Mum Osprey is trying to look after the chicks and also catch fish to feed them too.
Can anyone comment ?

I have heard an opinion that he has two nests. Not sure if it is true though.

Not been able to watch as much as usual last few days but every time I have logged on usually early morning a feed has been ongoing or just finishing so although I have not seen male bring fish in not convinced mum is on her own as she never is far from chicks even when stretching the wings. The trouble is the male never hangs about drops off or picks up remains when beckoned by the gaffer. Tiger never understood any male who would want to keep '2 nests' going though it may be jealousy ;)

Watched 6:30 approx feed. You can really see difference in size now and the larger chick definately gets his/her fill first. However the second one is getting their share at end and I am sure will catch up soon. OK into second 15min since feed stopped and no sign of dad coming for remains but the nagginghs started so I am sure he is about.

Not seen Homeric today yet but catching fish won't be easy . once it gets cooler he'll catch summit I'm sure. Not been on all day but whenever I've looked in its been peaceful with the chicks lying uncovered in the sun. Long may it last.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back