• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (2 Viewers)

Hi all

Sorry been working a lot recently as holidays approach and I have not had chance to watch the family except for fleeting glimpses. 5 minutes ago is the frst feed I have seen for a few days and I cannot believe how much they have grown its amazing the speed of growth but I guess considering the journey to Africa is only around 12 weeks away....
Amazed every year at how they grow but worry how quickly the summers go by now I watch the Ospreys |=(|

Hi all

Sorry been working a lot recently as holidays approach and I have not had chance to watch the family except for fleeting glimpses. 5 minutes ago is the frst feed I have seen for a few days and I cannot believe how much they have grown its amazing the speed of growth but I guess considering the journey to Africa is only around 12 weeks away....
Amazed every year at how they grow but worry how quickly the summers go by now I watch the Ospreys |=(|

Or should that be how long winters have become?

I worry because both my summers and winters race by so quickly!! I think its old age.

I have discovered that Ospreys do indeed hover like kestrels for a moment whilst trying to catch a fish. Well done to who ever was in charge of the camera yesterday and what a treat for those in the hide because it was right in front of them. What a show off.

On a different note on STV (ITV) this Thursday if you can get it you should watch at 9pm. Its a programme all about the British Birds of Prey. Ospreys of course are included.

Hi

There are two Anns that hang about these boards LOL.

Ann Chaplin is the Godmother. She loves the birds and has a passion for EJ at Loch garten.

I came to the boards much later than Ann Chaplin and adopted the Loch of the Lowes birds as my own as I have seen them in the flesh and am a member of the Scottish Wildlife Trust who keep the reserve where the nest is situated.

The @@@8(l) is simply text symbols for Marge Simpson and the (_8<(l) is text for Homer. thats all. Just a bit of fun.

I am Ann The OTHER Godmother as opposed to Ann Chaplin who is THEE Godmother :) (Thats just a smile LOL)

Thanks for your kind answers! The smileys I knew already and now the meaning of that mess of characters after the word Godmother. Now when I know them meaning these are quite clear and simple, I can see Marge nad Homer alive. Quite jolly and funny, thanks! ;)

On a different note on STV (ITV) this Thursday if you can get it you should watch at 9pm. Its a programme all about the British Birds of Prey. Ospreys of course are included.

I do wish you hadn't said about that Ann as....way down here.....! |8(| Need I say more! ;) Ah well, I bet you'll be full of it on Friday and it'll be good to - imagine!!!

Sue.

On a different note on STV (ITV) this Thursday if you can get it you should watch at 9pm.

Looking forward to that program Anne then I am off next weekend to Lee on Solent to see the southern birds - got to fit in a wedding reception and having our daughter and family joining us the second week. My grandson is a nature lover as well and it will be great spending time with the eyes of a nearly 4 year old. So much more observant than mine. Will miss the Osprey's but will catch up with thread when I can.

Hopefully those of us not in Scotland will be able to see it on the STV website's catch up facility? I've never tried that before, so don't know if we can. Does anyone else know?

Is it just me or is Marge a bigger nag then EJ? I've had to turn the volume down LOL. She's making my cats go nuts!

Hi Ann,

Marge definitely nags more loudly and for longer than EJ! Mind you, I was amazed when I visited last week, because the only time I could hear her nagging from the hide, was when Homeric appeared further down the loch and flew past - at least I presume it was him because she started her usual nagging! He didn't land on the nest, just flew off and she stopped nagging once he was gone.

Or perhaps the LOTL microphone is closer to the nest than the LG one so it sounds worse!

Alison

Hi all
Just come back from LOL and was treated to Homer catching a small perch in the loch and returning to the nest to give to it Marge then ran into vistor centre to watch her feeding the chicks on the HD screen who by the way look amazing in High Definition lovely orange eyes Also at about 12 midday Homer brought in an eel and was discusing with staff what a skill to catch that thing and keep hold of it once out of the water

Elf

Hi all
Just come back from LOL and was treated to Homer catching a small perch in the loch and returning to the nest to give to it Marge then ran into vistor centre to watch her feeding the chicks on the HD screen who by the way look amazing in High Definition lovely orange eyes Also at about 12 midday Homer brought in an eel and was discusing with staff what a skill to catch that thing and keep hold of it once out of the water

Elf

Elf I am so jealous of you, that's a fantastic experience for you. Something I hope to see next month up at Loch Garten. We have hired a cottage near Findhorn Valley so we hope to see lots of raptors, the area is famous for it's Golden Eagles too.

We are staying in a tiny village called Errogie, anyone heard of it?

If anybody has sky TV you'll be able watch the programme at 9pm on Thursday. You'll find STV way up in the 900's. It looks fascinating. Other than that the STV website will have catch up on it which can be watched anywhere in the world I think. I don't think we want to miss it.

Cartman I have been to Errogie. I have family who live in Dores and its just a wee distance from there. From what I remember theres lochs, birds, deer, fly pasts *duck* and loads of scenery.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back