• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Loch of the Lowes Ospreys 2009 (1 Viewer)

Marge has been away from the nest for about 15 minutes, chicks are resting nicely

She's not been on the nest much this afternoon, but is probably just above the nest keeping an eye on them, as she was making a lot of noise before, but still didn't return to the nest.

She's not been on the nest much this afternoon, but is probably just above the nest keeping an eye on them, as she was making a lot of noise before, but still didn't return to the nest.

She's actually sitting on the branch right above nest if you look closely you can see the end of her tail/wing feathers Also the guy that usually operates the camera is off on a Monday so that's how it's not been moving around today or he would have likely let you see she is just above nest

Someone must have went into centre that can operate camera as angle changed and can now see branch were Marge was sitting

Elf

Last edited:
If anybody has sky TV you'll be able watch the programme at 9pm on Thursday. You'll find STV way up in the 900's. It looks fascinating. Other than that the STV website will have catch up on it which can be watched anywhere in the world I think. I don't think we want to miss it.

We looked for STV on Sky last night and couldn't find it. Apparently Sky only gives you the option of your local ITV channel, unlike the BBC where all the regional channels are available in the 900's.

However, you can programme your Skybox to receive the other ITV channels, which I have just done so that I can watch this programme on Thursday. I have posted the instructions that I followed on this thread:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=143671

Hope this helps |=)|

We looked for STV on Sky last night and couldn't find it. Apparently Sky only gives you the option of your local ITV channel, unlike the BBC where all the regional channels are available in the 900's.

However, you can programme your Skybox to receive the other ITV channels, which I have just done so that I can watch this programme on Thursday. I have posted the instructions that I followed on this thread:

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=143671

Hope this helps |=)|

Thanks Janet! I thought I would have to see it on "catch up" on the computer, but now can watch it live - I never knew you could set other channels, so that is very useful to know!

Alison

Back again. Broadband went belly up but I'm here again.

Great news about the returning chick. It really does lift the feelings about them going. Sometimes wish they'd ring the chicks then we'd know what happened but then I think no its better to leave them untouched. I must admit that I was following Deshar and Nethy last year and that was difficult reading. :(. Some chicks have to be ringed for scientific reasons but I'm glad its not all of them.

Is the bird programme not on channel 993 on Sky? I get ITV London on that channel. Then again its easy to add too. Got to say I have been sooo looking forward to seeing this. I hope it lives up to my expectations. STV have taken a total swerve from ITV recently and broadcast a different schedule from the rest of the UK..

Another feed at 1450 - didn't see the fish come in but they all seem very content now - smashing. I folllowed Deshar and Nethy as well Ann, and it was heartbreaking. I still cling on to the hope that Nethy's transmiiter came off. Deshar's flight was agonising. I read somewhere that fewer birds make it if they're tagged...............? Anyway this year's broods are doing well with no crises at present which makes watching them fun again.

Another feed at 1450 - didn't see the fish come in but they all seem very content now - smashing. I folllowed Deshar and Nethy as well Ann, and it was heartbreaking. I still cling on to the hope that Nethy's transmiiter came off. Deshar's flight was agonising. I read somewhere that fewer birds make it if they're tagged...............? Anyway this year's broods are doing well with no crises at present which makes watching them fun again.

I wonder myself about tags being a hindrance but there's no way of knowing. We just need to trust the people who do the tagging that they know what they are talking about

If anybody has sky TV you'll be able watch the programme at 9pm on Thursday. You'll find STV way up in the 900's. It looks fascinating. Other than that the STV website will have catch up on it which can be watched anywhere in the world I think. I don't think we want to miss it.

Cartman I have been to Errogie. I have family who live in Dores and its just a wee distance from there. From what I remember theres lochs, birds, deer, fly pasts *duck* and loads of scenery.

Managed to tune my Sky box into STV to watch it last night, it was fantastic Ann, thanks for the heads up.

I adore Kestrels, they are such pretty birds. I was amazed when they said how many mice they needed to sustain the chicks per day.

Saw another fish delivered and eaten at 8.00 last night (Thursday) - saw three feeds in one day but there may have been more - what happens to unwanted fish?

cool,i didnt know that,i will have to have a look on thursdayo:D

Managed to tune my Sky box into STV to watch it last night, it was fantastic Ann, thanks for the heads up.

I adore Kestrels, they are such pretty birds. I was amazed when they said how many mice they needed to sustain the chicks per day.

Glad you enjoyed it :D I haven't watched it yet because I had visitors last night but I'll watch it along with 5 nights worth of springwatch at the weekend.

Such a beautiful morning up here.

Lovely camera work from the guys at you know where LOL

Attachments

• serene.JPG
    serene.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 50
  • My Beautiful Marge.JPG
    My Beautiful Marge.JPG
    59.6 KB · Views: 65
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back